The Premier Soccer League has confirmed the draw date for the 2018 Telkom Knockout Cup as Monday, 8 October 2018.
With the MTN8 Cup completed last weekend, the second of the PSL’s three cup competitions, the Telkom Knockout tournament, will follow later this spring.
“The 2018/19 Telkom Knockout last 16 draw will be conducted on Monday evening, 08 October 2018 LIVE from 19h30,” the PSL said in a press release.
The league has also confirmed the procedure of the draw, including big and small club seeds:
The Draw Procedure:
- Three bowls will be used for the draw (labelled: Pot A, B, C).
- The first bowl (Pot A) will contain the seeded eight clubs – (clubs that finished inside the Absa Premiership top eight during the 2017/18 season).
- The second bowl (Pot C) will contain the names of the other eight clubs.
- The third bowl (Pot B) will be empty – to be used to determine home and away.
How the draw will work:
- Telkom will draw a ball from the seeded bowl (Pot A) and place it in the empty bowl (Pot B) without opening it.
- Telkom will draw a ball from the unseeded bowl (Pot C) and place it in the empty bowl (Pot B) without opening it.
- Telkom will then draw go to Pot B and draw the first ball for home, the second ball for away.
Mamelodi Sundowns, Orlando Pirates, Kaizer Chiefs, Maritzburg United, Cape Town City, Free State Stars, SuperSport United and Lamontville Golden Arrows.
AmaZulu FC, Chippa United, Bloemfontein Celtic, Polokwane City, Bidvest Wits, Baroka FC, Highlands Park and Black Leopards.
The competition is set to begin on the weekend of 20-21 October 2018.