Connect with us

Sport

Mamelodi Sundowns’ multi-million rand signing, Phakamani Mahlambi says he did not fail in Egypt

Published on

Mamelodi Sundowns coach Pitso Mosimane again bemoans referee’s decisions

Mamelodi Sundowns forward, Phakamani Mahlambi has expressed his strong ambitions to succeed at the club, and says he feels he did not fail at Egyptian giants Al Ahly.

The 21-year-old recently left the Egyptian giants to join Downs on a lucrative five-year deal worth R13 million, after struggling to get playing time for Africa’s Club of the Century.

The young prodigy, who made his name earlier in his career with Bidvest Wits, made a starring return to the Premiership when he scored for the Brazilians on debut in the 3-3 draw with AmaZulu.

Speaking to the media, he said: “I don’t think I failed [in Egypt]. Obviously, people will have different opinions if I failed or what.”

“But from my side, my coming back was to start all over again and prepare for a new chapter that will take me to another level. Because when I was there everything was good, but I think it was time for me to come back and get the game time and return to the performance I was at when I left the country.” he concluded.

Knowing he is expected to fill the void left open by Percy Tau and Khama Billiat, Mahlambi, he said: “I don’t want to put myself under pressure and give myself a task of scoring a certain number of goals come end of the season.”

Mahlambi’s next game for Sundowns is against Bloemfontein Celtic on Wednesday, 3 October 2018 in the Free State capital.

Siseko Gwegwe
s.gwegwe@politicalanalysis.co.za

Loading...

Loading...

Trending