Any urgent consular service requests shall be addressed. Let’s hope for a quick back to normalcy, he added.
Four new cases have so far been reported in Rwanda, the Health Ministry announced late Sunday raising the total number to five, including four Rwandan nationals. The statement issued by the Ministry of Health said one of the cases is a thirty-four-year-old Rwandan man who arrived from South Sudan on 6 March 2020 while the second confirmed case involves his brother who arrived from Fiji via USA and Qatar two days later.
In addition, a thirty-year-old Rwandan man in Kigali with no recent travel history and a twenty-two-year-old man with Ugandan nationality who arrived from London on 8 March 2020 were among those identified through positive tests.
On Saturday, another patient, an Indian citizen who arrived from Mumbai on 8 March 2020 also tested positive, the Health Ministry said in a statement.
Following the new confirmed cases, the Ministry of Education ordered that all public and private schools be closed for two weeks.
All residents of Rwanda should continue to observe all instructions from health authorities, the ministry said. Among those specific instructions, washing hands regularly, avoiding large gatherings, and reporting any symptoms.